Saturday 22 December 2018

Baby Crafts Round 2!

So it would appear that 2018 is the year of babies as not long after I started making the baby basket for my colleague, my favourite cousin told me that she was pregnant πŸ˜πŸ‘Ά Of course, I started planning what I could make straight away (like literally went straight to Hobbycraft after work for supplies πŸ˜‚)

I knew that she wasn't going to find out the gender before the birth so I had to think gender neutral. I went straight to Ravelry to see what patterns were on offer, and I found some ADORRRRRABLE crochet patterns. Before I show you all the pictures, I want to state that I'm not just strangely obsessed with sheep, my cousin's partner is a sheep farmer which is why I went for the sheep theme πŸ˜‚

So on with the show!



I got the yarn for these from Wool Warehouse and used Aran weight for the sheep hat and Chunky for the pompom hat, and as we all know the bigger the pompom, the cuter the baby!

While shopping at Wool Warehouse I also got some Bernat Blanket Yarn for this sweet little sheep sleep sack! 😍



I will note that as cute as this is, it was such a pain in the arse to make and I vow to never make another one! πŸ˜‚ The bobbles on the front are easy enough to stitch, but when the yarn is that thick, it really kills your hands!

I also had some sweet, grey, cat print cotton in my stash so I put together a little bib and burp cloth set and a sleeping bag (all of which could have done with being ironed before taking pictures) for when the baby is a bit older.






I just used a towel to back the bib and burp cloth because good quality towelling is stupidly expensive πŸ˜– And some paw print fleece for inside the sleeping bag.

I wanted to present the whole thing in a basket, but my cousin lives in Ireland and unfortunately we weren't able to meet up before the birth so it had to be squeezed into a large postage bag which really wasn't photo worthyπŸ˜‚

I didn't want to put pictures of other people's children on the internet, but you can take it from me that baby Sophie is just so cute!!! πŸ’“

Anyway, see you all next week for my round up of 2018 and plans for 2019! πŸ‘‹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shameless plug of my Etsy shop!

As the title says, this is literally just a shameless plug of my updated Etsy shop 😁 My shop is also called Invisible Duck Crafts and can...