Saturday 25 August 2018

Tessuti Lois Dress - A tale of desperation

Recently the UK (and most of the rest of the planet) was in the midst of a mental heatwave that I, as a pasty Scot, was totally unprepared for. I have very little in the way of summer clothes, mainly because I don't have the legs for shorts, I don't like to have my upper arms exposed too much and I ALWAYS have tights on under my dresses. So all of these problems combined with not liking many RTW clothes these days, meant that I had to really think about what I would actually be happy wearing.

I came across the Tessuti Lois Dress and thought this is the pattern for me! It's got enough of a sleeve that I wouldn't be uncomfortable having my arms out, and loose and long enough for me to not be too hot or too exposed. I had the pink fabric in my stash from when I attended the Hobbycrafts show in Glasgow in March and it was the perfect weight for this pattern.

I managed to get the PDF pattern printed and stuck together and the fabric cut out before the room got too hot so I had to leave the actual sewing until the next morning when it was cool enough again. The construction was pretty straight forward, I found the darts a bit unusual because you actually cut them as a V before sewing them together. The only real issue I had was the insertion of the side zip. I had never done one before and it had to be inserted within the side dart of the skirt which I really struggled with and ended up with the bottom of the zip making the skirt stick out.


 But even with the dodgy zip, I really liked this dress. It's soft and floaty and shows off my best assets πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It kept me cool and comfortable while having a nice wee wander round Glasgow Fort with my wee maw πŸ’–

 And now that I have something in my wardrobe that's actually suitable for summer, the sun has now of course, gone away again πŸ˜‚ Ah well, there's always next year!




1 comment:

  1. I love your lois! I'm thinking of making one myself... did you find you needed to make any adjustments? I'm outside the size range, but I've read reviews that say it comes up large. Did you think so as well?

    ReplyDelete

Shameless plug of my Etsy shop!

As the title says, this is literally just a shameless plug of my updated Etsy shop 😁 My shop is also called Invisible Duck Crafts and can...