Sunday 30 September 2018

New Look 6217 Kimono Jacket

The pattern for this cheeky wee jacket up came with one of the first patterns I ever attempted which was the top that I made in a really cheap floral polycotton and was too big all over, the neck was all stretched out and the seams left a lot to be desired πŸ˜‚ but even though the top is long gone, I held onto the pattern in the hope that I would go back to it one day and that day has finally come!


So I picked up the fabric about 6 months ago in Glasgow without any concrete plans for it (quelle surprise!) I had a wee flick through my pattern stash and came across the New Look pattern and decided to make the kimono style jacket as the weather was still quite hot.

It was super easy to construct! Literally just a back, a couple of front pieces and the band for the edge. It needed a jolly good press before wearing, but since it was still about a million degrees at the time, I left it hanging on the back of the chair until the following weekend when it was cool enough in the morning to break out the iron.


 I think its casual enough to just wear about the house, but still dressy enough to wear to work or dinner, or whatever it is that adults do.

Obviously the weather cooled down as soon as I'd got this together, so hopefully the kimono style doesn't become incredibly unfashionable by next summer πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shameless plug of my Etsy shop!

As the title says, this is literally just a shameless plug of my updated Etsy shop 😁 My shop is also called Invisible Duck Crafts and can...