Saturday 18 August 2018

P4P Brunch Blouse aka My Favourite Pattern

As you may have read in a previous post one of my resolutions is to try more indie patterns including this one in particular. I like Patterns for Pirates because they have lots of good basic patterns that I would actually wear on a regular basis, I settled on the Brunch Blouse because it's something that I can just through on in the morning and head off to work and still be comfortable all day.


Back in March I was at the Hobbycrafts show at the SECC in Glasgow and found a GREAT stall from M. Rosenberg & Son that sold loooooads of lovely fabrics, I had to actually limit myself because the fabrics were so lovely and so well priced that I could have gone on a mental spending spree πŸ˜‚ Anyway, it's where I bought the lovely navy poly-viscose bird print that I made the first version of this dress.

The pattern was really easy to put together, I skipped out on the breast pocket, and made it a round neckline to be more work appropriate. I finished the neck and hem with satin bias so that it had a nice clean finish and threw it on to see how it looked. I LOVED IT! It's comfy, work appropriate and still quite casual.


I thought it was the perfect little dress to have several versions of so I had a rummage through my fabric and found the brushed cotton tartan that I bought last summer and was waiting for the right project and as luck would have it, I had the perfect amount for this dress! So I set about making another one and I loved this one just a little bit more because I love tartan and it reminds me of home πŸ’—

This is genuinely how much joy tartan brings me

I had another look through my stash to see if there were any other fabrics that would suit this pattern, but alas there was nothing else that I thought was the right look, buuuuuuut during a weekend visiting family in Glasgow, I came across this mental sixties-esque print which is the perfect weight to make a third one!!


Unfortunately, I had a bit of an argument with the neck of this one and tried to iron it out, which made it worse πŸ˜‚ If anyone has any suggestions to fix it, please let me know, otherwise I'll just have to make it part of the style!πŸ˜‚


In short, I would definitely recommend this pattern to anyone looking for that perfect, throw it on, no effort involved dress and Patterns for Pirates in general (and they also have some free patterns!)And if I keep going at this rate then I can just have 5 variations for every day of the work week! πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shameless plug of my Etsy shop!

As the title says, this is literally just a shameless plug of my updated Etsy shop 😁 My shop is also called Invisible Duck Crafts and can...