Saturday 12 May 2018

Wardrobe By Me - Haute Curvy Pants

Alrighty then! I'll keep this one short and sweet, I made these jeans several months ago and then they lay unworn and forgotten about for ages until I rediscovered them a couple of weeks ago and thought that the Me Made May challenge would be the perfect time to actually start wearing them :)



So let's start with some thoughts on the pattern, construction and fabric. I had never used a Wardrobe By Me pattern before, but it had received really good reviews and I'm all for a trouser pattern that will work with my ample behind πŸ˜‚ I went to the Fancy Silk Store in Birmingham to stock up on denim and got to work. The pattern was easy to follow and the trews came together nice and quick! I overlocked all the edges before sewing them and when inserting the zipper, decided to forgo the hook and eye at the top because I didn't think it was necessary, HOWEVER, after wearing them for a few hours I discovered that the tops of zips are very itchy and annoying so when a pattern tells you to insert the zip a couple of centimeters from the top and insert a hook and eye, you do it!! πŸ˜‚ I also think that the denim I chose may be a tad on the heavy side and could do with some more stretch in it. I placed the pockets (which are of a very good size) where the pattern indicated, but I think they could do with being moved up a couple of inches because the point of the pockets ends up sitting at the top of my thigh.


So overall, I think they're a perfectly wearable pair of trousers, but the next time I make them I think I'll use a lighter weight and slightly stretchier fabric and move the pockets up a few inches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shameless plug of my Etsy shop!

As the title says, this is literally just a shameless plug of my updated Etsy shop 😁 My shop is also called Invisible Duck Crafts and can...